Saturday, January 3, 2009

As we know it

Muslims, Jews, and Christians alike all have an "end times" scenario. All are fairly similar in text. All include wars, famine, and all-around craziness. Therefore, as people react to things such as suicide bombings, launched rockets, and military strikes from one nation to another....those who say they believe in their religion ought, then to be able to take acceptance in the events of today.

On one hand, I am saddened and outraged at the violence which is taking place in many parts of the world. The human side of me hates to see it, wants political interference to bring diplomacy and understanding to involved parties. Yet, the spiritual side of me says that although it's a travesty, it's going to happen....and get worse.

Looking at things from a spiritual point of view can be the "easy" way out to some people. To simply shrug one's shoulders and accept what's going on makes people think you don't care. It can also be boring. No offense, but analyzing situations, trying to find ways to if not solve than defuse a situation, and the energy spent conversing with people can all be rather mentally stimulating. However, even that brings no change does it. To sit and argue or discuss who is and who is not at fault, discuss who should be doing what is fun and at times engaging....but the end result is still the same. Regardless of looking through the world through spiritual or worldly eyes, 99.99% of us in the world can only do the following: respect and love our neighbors, care for the poor/widows/orphans, and pray. We only have the ability to live OUR lives properly, and only have the ability to show people G-d by love and patience.

It is my hope, for 2009 and however much time I have left...that I will not focus on the why's, who's, and how's...because quite frankly none of that is in my control. And regardless of who I would believe is at fault, I'm still commanded to love them anyway.
And if it is all bound to happen...then only my blood pressure and attitude toward others can be ruined. Better for me to be a light in the world than a raging fire.

Regardless of what is going on in one part of the world or another-those who will commit heinous acts will do so with my disapproval, or my understanding. And they will be judged accordingly...just as I will if I don't obey what I've been commanded to do.

No comments: